Thursday, March 8, 2012

Come and join me in a little Scrapping

Well as you may have noticed with my links down the side, I lost my son Harrison only after 28 hours of giving birth to him. He sadly lost his fight for life to a condition called Congenital Diapghragmatic Hernia. In his memory I have now started up a not for profit organistion, I have a couple of passions that I am working on. One is we scrapbook 6x6 layouts and donate them in a beautiful album to families who tragically lose a baby. Another one of my passions is that we are launching our practical support for families who have a high risk Pregnancy or have been diagnosed with a cogenital abnormality in pregnancy. So as a fundraiser we do a scrapbooking day, people can come along and scrap and have a great time together, by doing this you help us raise much needed funds for us to continue the work that we do and have planned for the future. If you are interested in coming please email me on melanie@harrisonslittlewings.org.au The cost is $25, it is being held at City Church, the corner of Kingston Rd and Queens Rd Kingston. We start at 9am and go to 5pm, lunch is included. All tickets must be purchased before the big day which is the 21st of April.


I really believe us women should ban together with this cause, it sadens me so much that Baby loss is such a taboo subject and nobody wants to talk about it and if it is brought up in a conversation it is very few people want to continue that conversation. Help us to ban together to smash this taboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment